Quickie Guide to NYC Eats
Oh, New York. Definitely one of my favorite cities. It's got all the hustle, views, FOOOOD and of course shit smells to remind you that nothing can be perfect.
I once heard that if you ate at a different New York restaurant every day, you wouldn't make it through all of them before you die. So every time I go, it's important I find some goodies. For anyone who is taking a trip to the big city, here's a list of my favorite places, neighborhood (make it to Brooklyn, it's the best) and meal suggestions included!
- OBAO (Thai in Hell's Kitchen); Pad Thai and Basil Fried Rice
- El Centro (Mexican in Hell's Kitchen); Skirt Steak Tacos
- Rabbithole (Brunch in Brooklyn); Eggs Benny or French Toast
- Spaghetti Incident (Spaghetti in Lower East Side); SPAGHETTI IN A CONE
- Don Chingon (Mexican in Brooklyn); Carne Asada Burrito
- Malaparte (Italian in West Village); Pesto Spaghetti
- The Bagel Store (Bagels in Brooklyn); I'm an Everything girl, but they have Insta-worthy Rainbow bagels here
- Salvation Taco (Tacos in Midtown); Korean BBQ Tacos
- Up Thai (Thai in Upper East Side); Pad-Se-Ew
- Nobu (Sushi in Tribeca); there are two locations in NY, both with different scenes but you'll likely need a res at both; Beef Toban Yaki, Rock Shrimp Tempura w/ Creamy Spicy Sauce, and ANY sushi or sashimi
A few noteworthy juice/coffee/drink spots are Juice Press, Joe & the Juice, Vandal, Mr. Purple and The Wren. I didn't include pizza on here (shock) but I've had lots of pizza in New York and it's hard to go wrong. I'm sure there is a way to go wrong, but I'm going to leave this one up to you until further notice. Bone apple tea.