48 Hours in Vegas
This year has been nonstop!! And this month, I'm gone every single weekend. I'm not complaining though, because I'm going on some amazing trips and to places i've never been before.
My most recent trip was to a quaint little town in Nevada. Las Vegas, they call it. I was headed out for a girls weekend with my mom (who is the most bubbly, excitable person you'll ever meet) to see the queen herself, J.Lo. My mom has been talking about this trip for months and I was so excited to spend a weekend in Sin City with her. Since we only had a couple days, we had to make sure we crammed in as much as possible. And that we did.
If you're ever in need a Vegas checklist and cramped for time, I've put together a list of must-do's!
- Brunch it up. Apparently, Vegas is home to MANY hot brunch spots but we went full on fancy and booked a reservation at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. It's a little on the pricey side but the views by the window are well worth it.
- The Bellagio. If you haven't already watched the fountain show from the view at brunch, head to the Bellagio where the giant fountains turn on and do their routine to music every hour. Sometimes, they came on every half hour but it depended on the time of day. It's the most touristy place you can go, but so fun. Luxe shopping and giant gardens included.
- High Roller. Next, make your way to the world's tallest observation tower (I was shocked by this fact). You'll get a 360-degree view of the Las Vegas Valley and The Strip. The wheel takes thirty minutes to go around once and if you're feelin' rowdy, you can get on one with an open bar. Yes, we did.
- The Cosmopolitan. Because, obviously. If you're looking for a good place to eat for dinner, there are lots of options and the famous Marquee nightclub is also located here. No, I did not take my mother there.
- The Chandelier. This is inside the Cosmo, and it's the most gorgeous setup. It's exactly what it sounds like; a giant chandelier surrounding a two-story bar. Makes for nice, boujee pics.
- Eggslut. Again, also inside the Cosmo. I've been wanting to go to here for a while since I'm an egg aficionado. I ordered the standard egg and cheese sandy -- it comes with cage-free over medium egg, cheddar cheese and chipotle ketchup on a brioche bun. It. was. so. good.
- Go see J.Lo. Or any show, really. It's Vegas so naturally, everything is extra. The performances include insane production, way too many sequins and all the outfit changes you could imagine. She was ahhhhmazing.
We definitely killed it in the short amount of time we had, but I definitely want to go back for more. Viva Las Vegas, my friends.