New product alert! I recently posted about Sleep Stylers on my IG and received a ton of feedback. I wasn't planning to do a full post about these but so many of you have messaged me with specific questions, so I've linked to the exact ones I have!
These have been featured on Shark Tank and The View but with a mane like mine, I'm always a bit skeptical about products that claim to tame your hair or give you perfect waves. But I've tried it twice now and I'm really happy with the waves, however, I wanted do a post so I could explain all my thoughts!
Sleep Styler 101:
- They are memory foam rollers, so while you’re meant to sleep in them, they are also a bit firm and can take some getting used to (especially if you're a diva sleeper like me).
- The instructions say you can roll them onto damp hair, or for thick hair, it suggests air drying to 80%. The first night I put them on damp hair but because my hair is insanely thick, it wasn’t fully dry when I woke up. Still looked good, but not ideal. If you have really thick or long hair, I'd recommend air drying or blow drying at least 90% of the way.
- There are two sizes - minis (12 rollers) and large (8 rollers). I definitely have the large size but I still could use a couple additional rollers. Again, if you don’t have super thick hair like me, many of my issues won’t matter for you!
- Be prepared for tamed curls when you first take them out. I suggest flipping your hair a couple times and/or brushing the waves out, and adding some hair spray for a fluffy, beach-wavy look.
- They start out super fluffy, but fall little by little throughout the day. I actually like this because my hair (including my crazy ends) doesn't look frizzy at all and settles into a really natural wave.
Overall, I'd say they're worth the $30. It literally takes five minutes to roll my entire head and on days when you don't feel like taking time with a curler, it's a perfect solution. Below are pictures of the before and after. Let me know if you try them out!